I had COFFEE. *sobs* I had LOTS of COFFEE. *wails* I had 2 cups at breakfast and 2 cups at lunch, and no appreciable water all day. So my water experiment is a bust.
No, no it’s not. It’s One day. My lips are no longer “sticky” and though I’m having to pee like every 5 minutes, I don’t feel as sluggish as I had. Drinking that much water is a hard habit for me to acquire. I still am struggling with it near the end of the month. Is anyone else having a problem with this experiment?
Last week, I had a sudden pain in my thigh of the leg that was broken. It was way down below the break and it felt like I was cramping. Every step hurt. It has diminished since then, but of course, I couldn’t go to the gym or do any walking while it hurt. I may get some walking in a little later today. I also haven’t weighed myself (because my standard is at the gym. Lucky for me…) I would guess I haven’t lost any appreciable weight though.
My friend L is on the keto diet. She’s lost about 25 pounds! She did that in 90 days? I’ve been essentially at 1200 calories a day and mostly protein and fat for 2 years now. Still same weight. SHM. It’s frustrating.
My progress has been in my attitude about how I look and how I feel.
- Denial (I’m not fat, I’m fluffy!)
- Anger (Why do calories attack me in my sleep! They leap onto me and hold on for dear life.)
- Bargaining (OK, if I have 5 good days of exercise and good nutrition, can I have pizza and beer on Saturday?)
- Depression (No one else has this problem, the laws of biochemistry and physics do not seem to apply to me.)
- Acceptance (No problem, yes, I am a 2XL. I AM twice the woman you married.)
If you read through my blogs on Measurable progress, you can see me vacillate between the last two repeatedly. I don’t want to accept that what I look and feel like right now is the way I’m going to remain. But I cannot continue to beat myself up either…