At this time of year, most people are saying to themselves, “Next year is going to be different! I will NOT be doing such and so, I will NOT look like this, I will NOT procrastinate (starting January 2nd because I’ll be too hungover to start January 1.) How many reflect over the past year and see the successes? Don’t most people make resolutions in January and by February or March they’ve already abandoned them?
I decided to reflect 1st.
- I have been eating much more healthy than I did the previous year.
- I have started drinking more water than I did daily the previous year.
- My endurance on the stationary bike has increased over the past couple of months.
- I am gradually weaning myself off my crutch after my hip surgery.
- I am gradually getting back to doing things for myself like cooking and dishes.
- I have read John Maxwell’s 21 laws 4 times and studied and passed the speaking platform training to become certified with John Maxwell Team.
- I have started studying the coaching platform as well.
- I finished the study of Revelation and have begun the study of John.
- I have co-written a book and got published.
- I am currently collaborating on a 2nd book.
- I have taken on the duties of Division D Director for District 24 Toastmasters.
- I have joined a 4th club.
- I am close to finishing 2 more Competent Communicator manuals, a Competent Leader manual and 2 advanced manuals.
- I have done more investments for my clients in the past couple of weeks than most in my company have done in a year.
- I have replaced 4 of the 10 students I lost due to my hip surgery.
- I have seen marked improvement in some of my special needs students.
- I haven’t played a computer game for over 8 months now.
Hmmm. That doesn’t look like the work of a loser. Then I look at the stupid scale and I think to myself, “This machine cannot tell the whole story of my life over the past year.”
OK, so resolutions now.
- I will schedule more time in the gym to increase my strength, endurance, and cardio health.
- I will continue to eat healthy and continue to keep track of my food.
- I will continue to study the Maxwell information and get certified in March.
- I will begin Master Mind Groups and start Personally Coaching.
- I will finish the study of John and begin a new study this Fall.
- I will have my office cleaned and organized by June.
- I will polish my chapter for the 2nd book and begin a 3rd book.
- I will continue to work with the clubs in my areas to promote their progress and build up their membership, and will investigate possible new clubs as well.
- I will get a triple crown award for educational goals met in Toastmasters.
- I will continue to work with my clients regarding their financial needs and seek out more people that would like my help.
- I will continue to add more students to my studio, and foster a feeling of accomplishment in all of them.
- I will seek to be efficient in my time.
Hmmm. My resolutions last year looked like this:
- I hereby resolve that I will not pet Polar Bears on the Nose. (success!)
- I will not plant anything in my garden that demands weeding (Failed that, planted potatoes)
- I will always use revolving doors. (Changed my mind on that one!)
- I will not drive down the Dodge Expressway blindfolded and backwards. (another success!)
- I will not audition for American Idol. (success again!)
- I will spend no time in the hospital. (oops.)
They were silly resolutions. I had no plan, but I accomplished a lot. What would happen if I made a plan and followed it? I will post my resolutions where I can see them every day. And of course, I will keep you informed on my progress. Both of you!
Since it is the Holiday, everyone have a Merry Happy and a Christmas New Year.